Approximately 90 days prior to your license expiration, board staff will mail your renewal form.
Licensees requesting to reactivate their license from inactive or retired status are required to pay additional fees and comply with specific continuing education requirements. Please contact the board office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your reactivation requirements.
The department will process your renewal request upon receipt of:
- Completed renewal form
- Required renewal fees
- Verification of optometrist license
Approximately 90 days prior to your license expiration date, the board office will mail you a copy of your renewal application letter.
|In order to renew your optometry faculty certificate, you must:|
- Complete and submit the renewal application along with your fee and letter from the dean of the school/college in which you will be teaching. Mail your application, fee and letter to:Florida Board of Optometry
P. O. Box 6330
Tallahassee, FL 32314-6330
- You must have your current optometrist license(s) verified. Contact the State licensing authority in each State in which you currently hold a license and request verification of your optometrist license be sent directly to the Florida board office. If you are licensed in Florida the board office will verify your Florida license.
Licensure verification is required by Section 463.0057, Florida Statutes, which requires that the applicant hold a valid license in any other jurisdiction and has not committed any acts or offenses that would constitute the basis for disciplinary action.
|Licensure verification(s) must be mailed to:|
Florida Board of Optometry
4052 Bald Cypress Way, Bin # C 07
Tallahassee, FL 32399-3257
Note: If your state is able to verify your license electronically, please have your verification sent to email@example.com
Upon receipt of all required documentation, board staff will review and process your request. If any additional information is required you will be notified.
Information for requesting a Name Change
Name changes require legal documentation showing the name change. Please submit a request including your full name as it appears on your license, profession, license number, your new name, your date of birth, the last four digits of your social security number, and your signature. Attach supporting documents, which must be one of the following:
- a copy of a state issued marriage license that includes the original signature and seal from the clerk of the court
- a divorce decree showing the name change
- a court order showing the name change (adoption, legal name change, federal identity change)
Any one of these will be accepted unless the department has a question about the authenticity of the document. A social security card is not considered legal documentation.
Please Note: The last four digits of the SSN are requested as required by DOH Policy Number DOHP 385-LS05-12 Name Changes for Existing Licensees, which was established for security purposes due to past instances of fraudulent activity.
Make certified check or money order payable to the Florida Department of Health
No continuing education hours are required for optometry faculty certification.